Recommended Apparel for your Ride
- Long, not too baggy pants (denim is best), PLEASE NO SHORTS!!
- Sturdy ankle high boots, ideally with a bit of a heel (no more than 1 inch heel please!). For short rides runners will do, but they are not a safe as a hiking or trekking boot. SANDALS or FLIP FLOPS are ABSOLUTELY FORBIDDEN.
- Layers according to the forecasted weather (if you are attending a Mountain or Foothills Ride, please pack an extra layer)
- Ball cap or brimmed hat (especially for half and full day rides), riding helmets are available at no extra cost
- Rain gear if applicable (rain gear suited for riding can be rented at the ranch for $ 5 per person)
Winter Riding attire
- Long underwear and jeans or riding pants (ski pants are not ideal as they are quite slippery in the saddle)
- Warm ankle high (or higher) boots with warm socks
- Warm gloves (no mittens please, you can’t hold the reins properly)
Preparation for your Trail Ride
- Please plan to arrive at the ranch 10 -15 minutes prior to your scheduled ride time.
- Check the weather forecast so you are prepared for your trip.
- We encourage car pooling if possible due to limited parking spots available at the ranch and to limit pollution in general.
We welcome Children 8 years and older. A legal parent or guardian must sign a waiver form prior to the trail ride. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. The number of children under 10 years of age in the same ride is limited to 3.
If you are accompanying a child but are not the guardian (e.g. a friend of your child) you must have the legal guardian sign our waiver form BEFORE coming to the ranch. The waiver form can be downloaded here.
Children under 18 years of age must wear helmets. We provide riding helmets at no extra charge. You are welcome to bring your child’s own riding or bicycle helmet.
How to get there – Map and Directions
Don’t trust Google maps! We know better! You can download a map to the MM Ranch
Unfortunately, there is no public transport to the ranch. If you are from out of town or don’t own a car you can:
- Rent a car or
- Take a Taxi/Cab
- For groups larger than 3 we recommend using Airporter Shuttle Express, you can email them or call (403)-509-4799
You can cancel your appointment within 24 hours prior if your ride is scheduled on a weekday and 48 hours if you are scheduled for a weekend. You can add (subject to availability) and subtract riders to your group up until 4 hours prior to the ride. If you fail to cancel in time we will charge a 30% cancellation fee (30% of the total of the booked ride)
If you fail to appear at all without giving us notice, the entire amount of the ride will be charged to your credit card.
Should you run late, please call us at 403.949.3329.