Recommended Apparel for your Ride
- Long, not too baggy pants (denim is best), PLEASE NO SHORTS!!
- Sturdy ankle high boots, ideally with a bit of a heel (no more than 1 inch heel please!). For short rides runners will do, but they are not a safe as a hiking or trekking boot. SANDALS or FLIP FLOPS are ABSOLUTELY FORBIDDEN.
- Layers according to the forecasted weather (if you are attending a Mountain or Foothills Ride, please pack an extra layer)
- Ball cap or brimmed hat (especially for half and full day rides), riding helmets are available at no extra cost
- Rain gear if applicable (rain gear suited for riding can be rented at the ranch for $ 5 per person)
Winter Riding attire
- Long underwear and jeans or riding pants (ski pants are not ideal as they are quite slippery in the saddle)
- Warm ankle high (or higher) boots with warm socks
- Warm gloves (no mittens please, you can’t hold the reins properly)
Preparation for your Trail Ride
- Please plan to arrive at the ranch 10 -15 minutes prior to your scheduled ride time.
- Check the weather forecast so you are prepared for your trip.
- We encourage car pooling if possible due to limited parking spots available at the ranch and to limit pollution in general.
We welcome children 8 years and older. A legal parent or guardian must sign a waiver form prior to the trail ride. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. The number of children under 10 years of age in the same ride is limited to 3.
If you are accompanying a child but are not the guardian (e.g. a friend of your child) you must have the legal guardian sign our waiver form BEFORE coming to the ranch. The waiver form can be downloaded here.
Children under 18 years of age must wear helmets. We provide riding helmets at no extra charge. You are welcome to bring your child’s own riding or bicycle helmet.
Please note that children may not ride on the horse with the parent. Each person must ride single on their own horse. Due to safety concerns, please do not book if you are pregnant.
How to get there – Map and Directions
We can be found on Google Maps under “Moose Mountain Horseback Adventures.” Do not use apple gps or a car gps as the location is not usually correct on these devices. You can download a map to the MM Ranch.
Unfortunately, there is no public transport to the ranch. If you are from out of town or don’t own a car you can:
- Rent a car or
- Take a Taxi/Cab
- For groups larger than 3, we recommend using Corporate Express, you can email them or call 587.435.7474
You can cancel your appointment within 48 hours prior to your ride. If you fail to cancel in time we will charge a 30% cancellation fee (30% of the total of the booked ride) if you cancel up to 24 hours prior to your ride.
If you fail to appear at all without giving us notice, or cancel same day as your ride, the entire amount of the ride will be charged.
Should you run late, please call us at 403.949.3329.