Lessons – Level 1 – Challenge Yourself
Moose Mountain Horseback Adventures is a growing training centre with the focus on teaching students to ride in a non-competitive way combined with sharing essential knowledge around horses.
What We Offer
Full Day Courses for beginners, “rusty” riders or those who always wanted to know WHY you have to keep your heels down. Start with our own customized learn to ride program Earn Your Spurs – Level One. View our Level one program details below.
Level 1 – Earn Your Spurs Program
Horses are large animals. If you want to enjoy spending time with them you must first learn how they behave and why. You will have plenty of time to ask questions and repeat basic steps. We will get you started easily and safely so you get a good basis of knowledge to dare the next steps towards a happy relationship with and on a horse.
- Horse behaviour and why it is so important to know about it
- Safety around horses
- Catching, grooming and tacking
- The rider’s seat and how it impacts your horse
- Mounting, dismounting and control at walk
- Riding up and downhill
- Independent riding
You are able to catch, lead, tie, groom and saddle a horse and control the horse at a walk (walk, turn, stop). You will be given a checklist of skills that you should be comfortable at before moving on to Level 2.
- appropriate attire for riding (long pants and sturdy, ankle high boots)
- pen and paper to take notes
- Water or your preferred non-alcoholic drink to stay hydrated during the day
- one instructor per 4 students to ensure maximum personal feedback
- a handout that summarizes the content of the day
- helmets (no extra charge if you’d like to borrow one)
- a cold lunch (please indicate any dietary restrictions!) and bottled water
- discounted private 1 hour lesson (will be booked separately) for only $50 (regular $80)
Earn Your Spurs Level 1 Schedule
|Lesson:||9:30 am – 4:00 pm (incl. lunch break)|
|Number:||min. 3 students, max. 8 students|
|Minimum Age:||8 (children under 14 need to be accompanied by an adult who is also enrolled in the course)|
|Sessions 2019:||13 July 2019, 10 August 2019. Please inquire.|
|Costs:||$195 per person (including lunch, handouts for each session and a discounted 1 hour practice session for only $50)|
Earn Your Spurs Lesson Package Deal
Buy Level 1 & 2 together and get one lesson included for only C$ 385 (saves C$ 85!!)
Course dates don’t need to be chosen right away when purchasing the package. It’s usually better to see how you progress before committing to a schedule.
Earn Your Spurs Cancellation Policy
The full amount is due upon booking the course. You may cancel the course up to 14 days prior to the chosen date. A cancellation fee of 10% will be kept and we will refund the rest. You may also apply the full course fee to another date in the future. New bookings will be subject to availability. If you cancel less than 14 days prior to the course date, the full amount is forfeit.