Lessons – Level 2 – Gaining Speed
Moose Mountain Horseback Adventures is a growing training centre with a 3 step graduated program – Earn Your Spurs.
What You Will Learn
The prerequisite for this course is to have mastered all items taught in Level 1. Now that you know how horses communicate we can focus on communicating back to them and learn to be a responsible partner to them. View our Level 2 program details below.
Level 2 – Earn Your Spurs Program
- Basic horse anatomy
- Appropriate tack for trail riding
- Bridling the horse
- How to sit, post and control a trot
- Improve reining skills at a walk
You can sit and post a trot. You can name the primary body parts of the horse. You can identify parts of the tack. You can bridle a horse. You will be given a checklist of skills that you should master before moving on to Level 3.
- appropriate attire for riding (long pants and sturdy, ankle high boots)
- we offer riding helmets at no extra charge
- pen and paper to take notes
- Water or your preferred non-alcoholic drink to stay hydrated during the day
- one instructor per 4 students to ensure maximum personal feedback
- a handout that summarizes the content of the day
- helmets (no extra charge if you’d like to borrow one)
- a cold lunch (please indicate any dietary restrictions!) and bottled water
Earn Your Spurs Level 2 Schedule
|Lesson:||9:30 am – 4:00 pm (incl. lunch break)|
|Number:||min. 3 students, max. 5 students|
|Minimum Age:||8 (children under 14 need to be accompanied by an adult who is also enrolled in the course)|
|Sessions 2019:||21 June 2020, 12 July 2020. Additional dates may be scheduled upon demand. Please inquire.|
|Costs:||$250 per person (including lunch & course materials)|
Upcoming Earn Your Spurs Level 2 Lessons
Earn Your Spurs Lesson Package Deal
Buy Level 1 & 2 together for $470 CAD!
Course dates don’t need to be chosen right away when purchasing the package. It’s usually better to see how you progress before committing to a schedule.
Earn Your Spurs Cancellation Policy
The full amount is due upon booking the course. You may cancel the course up to 14 days prior to the chosen date. A cancellation fee of 10% will be kept and we will refund the rest. You may also apply the full course fee to another date in the future. New bookings will be subject to availability. If you cancel less than 14 days prior to the course date, the full amount is forfeit.