Lessons – Level 3 – Ready to Rock!
Moose Mountain Horseback Adventures is a growing training centre with a 3 step graduated program – Earn Your Spurs.
What You Will Learn
The prerequisite for this course is to have mastered all items taught in Level 2. Moving forward this course focuses on the canter. The fastest but also smoothest gait can be intimidating for a lot of novice riders. We get started on a lunge line but will spend the afternoon on the trail in the foothills. View our Level 3 program details below.
Level 3 – Earn Your Spurs Program
- Basic horse health and needs (Vital signs, nutritional needs, recognizing most common diseases and injuries)
- How to ask for, sit and control a canter
You can now control a horse in all three gaits. You can ride independently. You can tell a sound horse from a lame horse and you know about the most common illnesses and how to recognize them.
After finishing Level 3 you should be ready to sign up for the Season’s Pass programme for more fun and time with horses!
- appropriate attire for riding (long pants and sturdy, ankle high boots)
- we offer riding helmets at no extra charge
- pen and paper to take notes
- Water or your preferred non-alcoholic drink to stay hydrated during the day
- one instructor per 4 students to ensure maximum personal feedback
- a handout that summarizes the content of the day
- helmets (no extra charge if you’d like to borrow one)
- a cold lunch (please indicate any dietary restrictions!) and bottled water
- discounted private 1 hour lesson (will be booked separately) for only $50 (regular $80)
Earn Your Spurs Level 3 Schedule
|Lesson:||9:30 am – 4:00 pm (incl. lunch break)|
|Number:||min. 3 students, max. 4 students|
|Minimum Age:||8 (children under 14 need to be accompanied by an adult who is also enrolled in the course)|
|Sessions 2019:||On demand. Please inquire.|
|Costs:||$250 per person (including lunch and all course material)|
Upcoming Earn Your Spurs Level 3 Lessons
Season’s Pass Programme
After finishing Level 3 you should be ready to sign up for the Season’s Pass programme for more fun and time with horses! Between October 1 and 30 April we offer 2 special riding programmes for anyone who just can’t stop riding!
Earn Your Spurs Cancellation Policy
The full amount is due upon booking the course. You may cancel the course up to 14 days prior to the chosen date. A cancellation fee of 10% will be kept and we will refund the rest. You may also apply the full course fee to another date in the future. New bookings will be subject to availability. If you cancel less than 14 days prior to the course date, the full amount is forfeited.