Into the Wild – Back-Country Trail Riding
It’s the ultimate aim for a trail rider: Enjoy a day on horseback in the beautiful back-country of Kananaskis country. This course will teach you the skills you need to keep the adventure safe and sound. We are more than happy to share our 30 years of experience riding in the back-country with you.
You may bring your own horse or learn some tricks on our surefooted and well-trained mountain horses. We recommend being comfortable riding and controlling a horse in all three gaits.
This course is ideal for riders with young or in-experienced horses or riders new to wilderness trail-riding.
This course will cover
- What to bring along on a day’s outing
- The appropriate horse and equipment
- Fording rivers safely
- Difficult terrain (steep hills, rocky trails, bogs and dead fall)
- Map reading and making the right decisions
What To Bring
- appropriate attire for riding (long pants and sturdy, ankle high boots)
- brimmed hat or ball cap to protect your head
- rain gear (can also be rented for $ 5 per person)
- we offer riding helmets at no extra charge
- pen and paper to take notes
Into the Wild Details
|Duration||9.00 am – 5.00 pm (incl. lunch break)|
|Numbers||max. 5 students/instructor|
|Minimum age||8 (children under 14 need to be accompanied by an adult who is also enrolled in the course)|
|Sessions 2018||Dates will be scheduled depending on demand and availability, minimum number of occupancy is 3 riders. Please inquire.|
|Costs||$195 per person (including lunch)|
Cancellation Policy for Earn Your Spurs Courses
The full amount is due upon booking the course. If you need to cancel, you can apply the fee to another date in the future or get a refund if you cancel at least 3 days in advance.